PWN'D
Note to all RolePlayers: The RP entitled "Welcome to the big top" is now active. Please check the character skeleton thread, and then you can begin posting.We hope you enjoy your stay in the land of PWN'D.
PWN'D
Note to all RolePlayers: The RP entitled "Welcome to the big top" is now active. Please check the character skeleton thread, and then you can begin posting.We hope you enjoy your stay in the land of PWN'D.
PWN'D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Writing Nonsense: Digital!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Note to new users: Please read the rules and regulations section of the forum before posting.

Changeling - Prologue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serabee

Serabee

Changeling - Prologue Empty
PostSubject: Changeling - Prologue   Changeling - Prologue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm

“What are you saying? You can’t take her from me.”

“She doesn’t belong here, Marie, you know it as well as I.”

“I’ve raised her for six years. She has friends, family—”

“She has family in the other world, too. We would take care of her.”

“Not like I can. Please, let her stay. This is where she belongs, with me.”

“She isn’t going to be here much longer either way. I suggest—”

“I know damn well what you suggest, Peadar. But I won’t have it. If you take her away from me, my connections will see to it that your life becomes hell.”

“I think the entire court knows about your...connections. Why do you think he’ll care about one changeling left in your care? And what makes you so sure she won’t die here, suffocating as your mortal air slowly destroys her life, just like all the others who have stayed beyond their term? ”

“She would be different. This is her home as much as it is mine, maybe even more so.”

“What do you mean, she would be different? The girl isn’t human, Marie. Changelings cannot stay here. That is our law, and she is bound to it. Her family in the other world—”

“She has none, none that know of her. She’s not...”

“Not what? Marie, what have you done?”

Silence.

“She’s yours?”

“Please leave. Leave us now, Peadar.”

“Marie, I didn’t mean—”

“No. You lot never do. He didn’t either. He didn’t mean any of it.”

Crying.

“I— I believe this would give her a few more years in this world, Marie. She can stay for now. The equinox after she turns sixteen, I’ll be back.”

.....................................................................................................................

This is a very dramatic, maybe even overly dramatic scene from Changeling. Not a very creative title, I know, but I'm working on it. It's almost all dialogue, because the POV is an eavesdropper who can't see Marie and Peadar.
Back to top Go down
Serabee

Serabee

Changeling - Prologue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changeling - Prologue   Changeling - Prologue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Also, this "Prologue" is in Short Stories because I've discontinued its storyline.
Back to top Go down

Changeling - Prologue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PWN'D :: Original Works :: Short Stories-
Jump to: